Alameda encourages parents and the community to participate in our school by inviting them in for events like our Back to school night, “Super Hero” Walk-a-thon, Science night, PTO, and Book Fair. Parents are invited to attend both our school and district family nights where we focus on building relationships while providing fun, academic opportunities for parents to engage with their children. We strive for 100% participation in parent teacher conferences and encourage communication with parents via social media, texting, email, and phone calls.
Alameda has many community partners.
- Oregon State University and the Malheur Educational Service district host a science event where all students in our school experience a star lab.
- We partner with the foster grandparent program where elderly community members are encouraged to come in and connect with students while assisting them with their reading and math.
We partner with many community other organizations who all interact with our students:
- Help Them to Hope food drive program
- Boys and Girls Club
- Bureau of Land Management
- Four Rivers Cultural Center
- Ontario Police
- Malheur County Sheriff’s department
- Oregon State Police
- Ontario Fire and Rescue
- National Guard Armory .
Alameda also hosts an annual Spaghetti Feed where over 500 community members attend and experience our school.